Thread: Ultores
View Single Post
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 16:48   #46
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: Ultores

I would like to point out that in the midst of xVx's whinning that with regards to ult all that CT had really asked is that they stay out of the fight. They have somehow interpreted this as CT requested they fight ult solo, talk about trying to spin a story....

The real shame here is xVx and Ult decided before the round started to block and to attempt hide this fact until they had roided everyone else. We had xVx HC assure us during the first week of the round that they were not working with ult, meanwhile ult and xVx attacked everyone but each other. (I challenge xVx/Ult to prove me wrong here by posting how they were even close to being each other's top hostiles... here is a hint, they can't) I would like to point out that this is the first round since App won where there have been significant blocks, and this is entirely because of the intentional effort of xVx and ult. CT has consistently and intentionally avoided blocking over the last few rounds in part to keep the game interesting. Last round we spent much of the round at war with Ult (our doing not ults) while ND happily fenced to the top. When given the choice of blocking with ND and letting them walk to the win, or turning on ND, we turned on ND, not because we dislike ND, but because it was better for the game (and CTs only chance of winning ourselves) to take them on. ND fought valiantly, and in the end we both lost to a fenced Ult, but at least it made the round interesting.

Ult and xVx seem to feel it is better for the game that they block together and use xVx as a shield to get ult to it's 3rd win in a row. Good tactics by ult, for whom I have much respect for in this strategy, but a complete failure of nerve by the xVx HC, who have sacrificed any chance of their own ally win to give ult a three-peat.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote