View Single Post
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 15:27   #60
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
Re: A question for economists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
No, because it seems even economists can't agree on a simple piece of logic like what would happen if one person burnt one £20 note. It just shows what a load of theoretical rubbish it really is.

(also I'm not sure how you decided it isn't a "real subject" but ok)
I'm not sure either. I'm just poking fun at the fact that business studies (and management) are stereotypically seen to be easy degree and ones that people take if they aren't capable of doing economics.

Indeed at least for management the modules are much less difficult and significantly less complicated than economics modules in my opinion. At university whenever we had a choice to do modules within social sciences outside the core economics modules, people would always rush to do management modules due to the usual higher grade achievements and also because they were far far easier than corresponding economics modules.

The 'real' part is a jibe against the growing number of stupid degrees (mickey mouse degrees) that are becoming the norm. Business studies isn't a mickey mouse degree, it just isn't a great one because the content has been dumbed down over recent years.

Last edited by Zar; 13 Sep 2006 at 15:42.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote