View Single Post
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 23:35   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [George Galloway] Sky News pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
You're advancing the typical view of Parliament of the apathetic intellectual, which is a shame really.
My department has to deal with MP's enquiries fairly often and so I have to see first hand the banality they deal with on a regular basis. I've even had to draft letters to the execrable Jacqui Lait MP on a range of issues too tedious to go into. This is not what MPs should be doing with their time (imho). The fact they do (and it's perceived they have to) is another sign our political system is broken.
Quote:
Again, the time spent in Parliament isn't meaningless. Perhaps if you read through a bit of Hansard (try PMQs for starters) then you could try to appreciate this.
Sadly I've had to do this. I've done a Politics degree remember. I stand by my remarks. Galloway's time is much better spent out of parliament on the issue he's addressing - it certainly will gain more publicity for the general anti-war cause than the ocassional clever remark in parliament.

Again, it depends on what you want. I didn't vote for Galloway (and probably wouldn't anyway) but it seems ridiculous to say he's a terrible MP because he's not fulfilling what you personally want. If the people who voted for him are surprised / displeased by the fact he's not spent much time in parliament then I'm not sure they paid much attention to the election campaign.

(Obviously all these remarks need to be taken in the context that I think Parliament should be converted into a manure storage facility and most of it's members shot through the lungs)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote