View Single Post
Unread 21 May 2008, 16:04   #36
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Round 27 - increase alliance memberlimit to 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
If your alliance consists of people that would shipjump at the earliest possible opportunity, then no wonder it never gets a high rank.
hmmm I was meaning at the end of the round rather than in the middle, I would hope that most people in this game would be willing to give an alliance at least a full round.

yes there are players who consist of a core of the smaller alliances who play with that alliance round after round however most ppl just join the smaller alliances as a stepping stone. As such smaller alliances tend to have a very high turnover of players, the only one I know in my limited experience of planetarion is TGV, it probably had only about 30-40% of its member base stay the same between rounds 24 and 25.

as to your demand that these alliances go out and recruit more members I suspect that they recruit considerably more then the bigger alliances it is simply that they take on members who will leave at the end of the round, or else they take on new players who decide that planetarion is not the game for them and leave.

For these alliances I suspect the real problem is retaining members rather then recruiting... however increasing the member limit of the big alliances makes it that much more difficult both to retain old members and to recruit new as there is a better option. All things being equal most people will go for whoever offers them the best chance of winning, as such we artificially introduce caps to allow other alliances to compete and prevent us having these few 'super' alliances dominating everything.

nb this is all suspicion on my part, having never been a HC of a smaller alliance in pax I dont know, would one of the small alliance HC's care to enlighten us?

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote