Thread: Worst Round EVA
View Single Post
Unread 10 Sep 2010, 09:41   #27
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: Worst Round EVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafir View Post
And like I also said i haven't played those 5 past rounds iirc, so my pow is based on earlier rounds. Btw, as we all know the rep of A&A, why don't you guys just turn things over or even start new tag with the nice ppl with good reputation only? I bet you have those peeps too.
We have played under different tags in those rounds you were absent, it hasnt made the slightest bit of difference, the hate follows us - the way most alliances change is they change tag yes but what changes them is a change of HC; HC are the public face of alliances so it makes a big difference, Asc cannot become something else by changing HC because we dont have them. Most of our members play the game only because they like the Asc alliance model of playing, and if we changed the name of the alliance but still played in the Ascendancy style then it would instantly attract all of Ascendancy's baggage.
And in any event why should we be the ones to change our alliance when its your attitudes that are wrong. We have played this round exactly how a middle ranked alliance is supposed to - blocking to take on the big threats, first App then NFI. It is ND and CT who have been acting oddly, and against the general way they would in the past whether faced with App or Asc at the top or even Denial, or even further into the past ND and CT joining ROCK to depose xVx in r25, In r24 ND joined eX and some others to take on a stagnant CT/Urwins dominated universe. In all these cases ND and sometimes CT automatically blocked against the top rather than joining it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Had none of the above happened, they'd be doing a lot better than they currently are. They may not have started the round with the intention of winning, but the rate at which they recruited to keep up with NFI/CT/ND suggests that they clearly wanted to have a stab at going for first.

But please can we not keep talking about Apprime as if they never intended to put any effort in this round?
Sure they would have been doing better, but they still wouldnt have been app at its peak, doing better would probably be second or third with Asc in 4th.