View Single Post
Unread 25 Feb 2016, 16:06   #57
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: r66 - The Random One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
What you're missing in your recent posts is that PA is a group activity. In order to bring out the best in yourself, you need to be able to count on your galmates. Waking up in the middle of the night to DC incs is all fine and good, but if only a couple of people show up to send, that effort is wasted. Being careful with your fleets and never crashing them is much less rewarding if your galaxy mates crash right, left and center.
PA remains a group activity if focused on alliances rather than galaxies. Indeed a random galaxy would be playing as a group just as much as a bp (possibly more so - no more being condescending to the randoms, giving them ultimatums etc). Simply how that group functions and needs to be managed would change. The challenge to organise an effective galaxy would be greater, but does that make it a lesser group activity?
Sure I agree that it is demoralising having gal mates crashing and not reacting but I dont think that a change to random galaxies is going to increase the total number of crashes or inactive players. Someone is going to be demoralised in such a way, better to spread it around a bit! You are effectively coming back to the argument berten is making that the elite should not have to have their aristocratic noses suffer the great unwashed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Maybe, instead of trying to make it impossible for people to create forts, we should just make galaxy defense weaker. Increase ingal defense ETA by 1. Let the ekseros and arcs in this world play in galaxies together! If that's how they like to play the game, what do we care. Just as long as the rest of the universe doesn't have to suffer as a result (in comparison), that's fine with me.
I would be more for smaller galaxies as the answer for this rather than something that introduces a new set of problems; namely it would seem to make fi co a lot stronger compared to other fleets (always a potential problem already). We also need to remember that increasing gal def times to eta 6 would hit less active people disproportionately harder as they are the ones who are not up dcing at the initial eta 7-9 anyway. They need the galaxy safety net in a way that the elite do not.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote