View Single Post
Unread 7 May 2007, 01:20   #18
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football]Well it's all over

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
this is still an obsecen amount of money. Chlesea were bought by a billionaire so it makes Man Utds expenditure look modest in comparison, but it really isn't.
Man United have balanced the books, Chelsea haven't. Old Trafford brings in a lot of money, meaning they could afford these players - or does "richest club in the world" mean nothing to you?

I don't care who pays for your players, the point was that you tried to compare yourselves to United, and you failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
If you keep in mind that Chelsea get massively ripped off in every transfer because Abramovich is mega-rich then it doesn't look so bad.

Apart from Ferraria and Wright-Phillips, everyone one of those players have been brilliant and well worth the money, even though they were massively over-priced.
Being ripped off is your problem. If you hadn't made it public knowledge that you'd pay whatever it takes for certain players (Essien, Drogba, etc) then you wouldn't have been laughed at when buying people like Shaun Wright-Phillips.

As for every player being brilliant, what are you going on about? Wright-Phillips, Ferreira, Shevchenko, Kalou, Boulahrouz :crymeariver:

And I'm not going to let you forgot the other players you bought. It's 1am and I'm not sure why I'm still awake, but I seem to have time on my hands, so I'll spell it out for you.

Glen Johnson - £6m, out on permanent loan
Geremi - £7m
Damien Duff - £17m, sold for £5m
Wayne Bridge - £7m
Juan Veron - £15m, released
Adrian Mutu - £15.8m, released
Hernan Crespo - £16.8m, out on permanent loan
Scott Parker - £10m, sold for £6.5m
Tiago - £8m, sold for £6.5m
Asier Del Horno - £8m, sold for £4.8m
Shaun Wright-Phillips - £21m

That's hardly the model of economic efficiency.