View Single Post
Unread 26 Jun 2010, 17:20   #142
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PA Multihunters - Bringing back the lols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn View Post
you don't know what the rules are.. but you want to change them anyway?
I know what the rules are. Me saying 'im not arguing about someone not reading the rules' is in responce to Assassins post where he saying people should read the rules as an argument not to change them.

Quote:
also re: to your last post, yes there is a set of rules. i got them when i mh'd like 20 years ago or whenever that was (sure feels like that long ago!). and as long as the game has been played it's never been public knowledge. also any mh showing them to you would be breaking the nda.
Something never being public knowledge is not an argument that they shouldnt be public knowledge.

Quote:
people have argued the same point as you about them not showing the community what the rules are, but if we follow assassin's analogies of comparing the mh to the police, the police don't show the world how they investigate things either. the theory is that if the criminals know what procedures are in place, then it's easier for them to develop ways around them.
But you can view what procedures the police can use (and what they use frequently), you can view all the possible punishments for a particular crime including a minimum and maximum with a brief description when to use the minimum and maximum.

The laws the police use, are public.

Quote:
the mh's actually do quite a good job most of the time, it's teh cases like this that bring them back to the spotlight with a negative effect. every day there's things they have to do. warn this planet for abusive language, warn that planet for abusive fleetname, monitor a pair of planets with the same ip. for the most part, people who get the mails go 'oops' and change their fleetname. it's the ones who come onto the forums and complain that you hear about the most.
Its cases where they're closing people for crap reasons that puts them in the spotlight. All my suggestions aim to stop the closing for closing for crap reasons without opening new avenues to cheat or circumvent the rules.

Quote:
oh and i really do like the idea of removing someone's ability to change fleetnames, i think it would get rid of a ton of headache for both mh's and the community.
Ty.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote