View Single Post
Unread 26 Jun 2010, 08:14   #126
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future
Re: PA Multihunters - Bringing back the lols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
As then we get a chance at someone else who will actually change the situation. Rather than if Ace remains as head MH.. then he will continue doing what he's been doing (nothing.).

I really dont get whats so hard, these are all simple things being complained about:
1. Fleet names should never be closed, those that do abuse the fleet name just once.. gets there fleet naming abilitys removed. If its for a trivial offensce like 'poof' then it doesnt really matter as they've only lost the ability to rename fleets.
2. Any closed planet which is still in doubt weither they are guilty or not, should have all incoming fleets recalled at eta 1. You cannot let someone's planet who may still be innocent to lose fleets either via not able to get defence or not able to move there ships. A compromise would be automatically setting a closed planets fleets to home base and set to run and hide so they dont lose fleets. Closed planets which are 100% guilty can continue with the current rules (or just use that compromise rule). The current system is ruining peoples rounds when the MH decides they are innocent after all, like 10:6.
3. NDA should be changed, that if the planet in question gives permission.. they are allowed to talk about the closure. If its a group of planets in question, it would require all planets to consent.
4. Stop the "You've breeched rules and need to see us in #multihunters' crap. Someone who's been caught abusing fleet names, just needs a mail saying what they've been done and there punishment.. they only need to come and see you if they feel it has been done in mistake.
5. Stop the 'you require an exception to have multiple accounts from the same IP crap'. If someone signs up with the same IP, send them a mail informing them that accounts from the same IP/household have certain rules due to people signing up multiple accounts and explaining what they can and cant do.
6. abusive planet and ruler names should never be a reason for closure. Simply rename the planet in the question to something neutral and then send them a mail (not warning them and telling them theyre going to be closed) saying that there planet and ruler name has been deemed offensive and has been renamed to something neutral. If you would like to choose a different name, please come to #multihunters and tell an operator what you would like the name to be (It will then be checked by the multihunter that the new name is not abusive and they rename it).
7. Most closures and warnings do not require the person to come into #multihunters and do not require an overly aggresive mail sent to them. They should have the detailed reason for closure and the punishment in the mail and they only need to come into #multihunters if they wish to appeal or feel its been done in mistake.

Basically, stop the crap and the stop ego-trips. It appears Ace hasnt changed a thing since Fiery stepped down, so he's useless as a head MH as he isnt willing to fix anything or change the rules or change the way MH's work.

Dont know why my origonal post got deleted btw, as it wasnt a personal attack on somone was just the truth. But anyway... keeping to this subject wanted to answer a few of these points of yours.

1) I agree a fleet name such as that shouldnt of been closed. However, when you have somtimes people on purpose keep putting up offencive fleet names after they have been warned out of protest/to be anoying then yes they need to be punished and somtimes the only way to do that is to close them im afraid. (gets them to the MH channel faster then anything you have ever seen)
2) Actually, it used to (when a planet was closed) recall all fleets i beleive unless i am mistaken. This caused a few complaints regarding people who were attacking these planets (ie why should they suffer for a planet cheating? If they had a clear land, a MH closed the planet for blatent farming elsewhere and then of course all fleets get recalled on closure the people who were bound to land on this said planet were in uproar (and to be honest they have a valid point) so... it swings both ways.
3) That will never work. Honestly.. how many times (ive argued this for years..) do you get a cheat hold his hands up to his whole allie after been caught and say 'sorry guys.. i cheated ill own up and i got caught' course you dont. You get the old fashioned 'omg they have closed me for nothing im inocent and im going to quit' crap that we all get so used too. Why should a MH have to justify to the whole community (who cant even decide on simple decisions like private gals/public gals) why he/she has closed this person. It just wouldnt work.
4) Well why would you wish to stop this? If they have breached the rules, then surely they need to go see somone to discuss it? Same as if you are summoned to a court date in real life for doing somthing illegal. You dont just stay away and think 'yes ok..' it just doesnt work that way. As i mentioned in my point 1 people who are warned just ignore the warning. And keep abusing the system. Once their closed and come running to the mhs channel they then say stuff like 'oh i didnt see a warning' the usal crap. Once the community/abusers change their ways... then the MHs can change theirs.
5) Well in my time we used too. We used to warn anyone who was on the same ip/using proxies. And then if we didnt hear of them we would close them after say 24 hours. Why is it the MHs responsability to chace people who want to play the game using proxies or on the same ip? Theres 2k+ players? Come on light... surely it isnt difficult to send in a mail to 1:1 or come to the MH channel and ask for an exception. (pretty sure this can be done via support ticket too unless thats changed?) so theres just no excuse for been that lazy.
6) This i actually do agree with you. As thats what we used to do. I would warn them and rename their planet to somthing along the lines of 'Pink bunnies of la la land' and informed them to come see me about changing it to a proper name. Myself and Squishy used to have quite amusing fun doing that.
7) Your wrong. A player SHOULD come to the mhs channel to discuss their closure. Police dont arrest you via email. If they are cauht for violating a rule then they need to come see the MH (or MH's) and speak to the relevent person. I do agree latley the consistancy of the MHs has been a problem (ie all of them seem to hunt differently and procedures are not followed) but still.. its been like this for rounds. Person gets closed, they come to the channel, the MH discusses to them in pm the details as to why they were closed (quoting his/her reaserch) said person answers the accusations one by one and if the MH doesnt see they are answering them/justifying themselves correctly then they remain closed and are given the option to appeal to the highest authority. Thats how its always been and sorry but thats how it must remain.

Your forgetting these MHs do this for free. They dont get payed or any priase for doing this job other then blatent abuse. (shown in this thread) Sure new MHs make mistakes.. but unless they are trained on the values/how to hunt and procedures then there not going to hunt right in the first place and i think the current leaders of the MH team havent been consistant for rounds (ive made that known in several posts to be honest... especially when they closed Willzzz a fair few rounds ago with the reason 'your a support planet end off' crap.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote