View Single Post
Unread 6 May 2009, 15:57   #103
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: Ascendancy, the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
I can't understand why they'd choose to ally Asc
Everyone seems to be laboring under the misapprehension that xVx and Asc are allied; afaik there is not even a NAP.

While it is true that we might be considered friendly to each other; that hardly amounts to a conspiracy.
Essentially ppl are asking xVx to take on Asc because they are the only ones who could recruit to 90. xVx in the rounds prior to this one was a mediocre alliance with good defence but a blunt offence; Even if the liths have changed all that there is still no surprise they would be cautious about war. I dont want to underestimate them but I dont think anyone would expect an alliance like xVx to sound the Trumpet of war in any other circumstances, any other round they would be considered rather as VGN was last round, a useful auxiliary but not the main force.
The Liths were the only 'BG' to see that joining another ally was sensible, they greatly add to xVx's firepower but 2/3rds of xVx is old xVx that expects their alliance to be levelheaded and solidly neutral on the political scene; the desires of others provide no basis for throwing away the accumulated wisdom of many rounds.

Edit: Probably xVx has the best chance of beating Asc if the BG's fight Asc while xVx stays out and Gal raids; I would be surprised if everyone else desired ascs defeat so much as to take the hit for them tho.

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 6 May 2009 at 16:04.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote