View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2011, 07:19   #139
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Nighttime protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil M View Post
No, adding restrictions to the game to compensate for poor game design decisions isn't the way to solve it. Promote attacking at other times, don't just punish players wanting to attack during the night.
You just did it again. "Punish players for attacking at night" is the exact same thing as "reward players for attacking during the day".

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not fundamentally opposed to doing the latter, it's just that I don't see a way of doing that without forcing arbitrary concepts of "night" and "day" upon people. On the other hand, night mode allows people to choose for themselves when they want to be protected and when not.

Quote:
A quick suggestion would be to speed up the game so it doesn't take a fleet between 16-20 hours to attack and return. All players attack at once because their attack fleets are often only usable once a day. If players and alliances can attack twice a day or more in groups then we might see more than just the single night time attack swarm.
Yeah. We'd see a night time attack swarm and a daytime one. So unlike the current situation, in which only Europeans have to worry about getting attacked while they're asleep, Americans and Australians would also have to worry about it. Great improvement.

Quote:
If my fleets took just 8 hours to attack and return, then I could possibly do some daytime attacks fairly easily.
Your fleet takes between 4 and 12 hours to get to a point at which you know if you can land or not. Seems to me you can already do this.

Quote:
Another issue to look at would be the galaxy overview screen. Whilst it's been a feature since day 1 - is this actually helping the game these days or is it a hindrance?
This is part of a different discussion (namely, the one about the value of galaxies, or lack thereof).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 25 Jul 2011 at 07:29.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote