View Single Post
Unread 14 Feb 2008, 22:17   #1
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Bridget Jones Diary

First off I want to say that I missed you all terribly while I had only limited accesss to the Internet.

On to the culture review.

After watching this show, I can come to only one conclusion. All the British people are clearly idiots.

Now, I don't mean that in a rude way, much like the British people are not trying to be rude when they say Americans are idiots.

I just noticed that the people in this movie almost in every circumstance acted in the most iditotic way they possibly could act, given the possible actions one might conceive.

I did notice that the only person who acted normally was a Tory lawyer. Since we don't have any Tory lawyers on this forum, I suspect we can rule all of you out as being people who might act in a normal manner.

What caught my attention is that most people in Western Europe, but especially in Britain, is that the American people are often judged by the shows produced by Hollywood about the American people. Not actual interaction with American people.

I have known many British people over the years, but most British people have not known Ameircan people.

All the British people have to judge American people by is those products that are much like Bridget Jones Diary.

No wonder the British think the Americans are idiots, and also no wonder the American people think the Brits as idiots.