View Single Post
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 04:24   #34
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The funny thing about cooking is...

I too am quite fond of a cheesy pasta bake, I'm quite fond of your tomato idea pig, sounds like one to try!

When I make a bake like described above, there's only two things I do different.

- My Portuguese grandmother told me to never, never, NEVER cook pasta with just salted water and oil. She taught me to always experiment with the boiling water. Herbs, stocks, etc... She was always a bit crazy, so I only sometimes follow her advice, but when I do, I cook the pasta in a stock. I also like to lightly butter the pasta, and pepper it after draining.

- When making the topping, I grate the cheese into a bowl. I also experiment with this topping before sprinkling it on. Very often I grate some bread into the mixture, or sometimes crunched crisps (one time, even both!).
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote