View Single Post
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 02:14   #25
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The funny thing about cooking is...

Ahhh cooking! Theres nothing better than cooking for a group of friends. I was amazed at university how many people had no culinary skill (or interest) whatsoever!

One of my favourite recipes is Mussels en Croustade with Leeks and White Wine. This is a moderately easy recipe to make, and you get a very delicious and impressive meal, for a very reasonable price (If I remember correctly, I used to pick up a kilo of fresh mussels in Dundee for about 2.50GBP, and the whole meal could be made for under 10GBP for two people, of course, depending on the wine used). Before I found this recipe, I was under the false impression that seafood was difficult and expensive cuisine to make. This recipe helped to lift this particular misconception for me.

The only thing the recipe leaves out is the process for preparing the mussels. Only pictures 1 and 2 are applicable for this recipe.

Anyone else have any favourite recipes to share with the board?
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote