Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 11 Jun 2009, 14:41   #254
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: The BNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J
Iraq was attempting to develop nuclear weapons in the 80s and Israel just blew the shit out of them
I didn't know about that - interesting

My problem with all this is that - okay, since you've studied in this, you may well want to close your eyes now to avoid your brain exploding: lets say someone in 1935 in teh UK 'knew' germany were gonna go crazy in 1939 and try to conquer europe. Say they had proposed us sending troops over (with other contries) in 1935 and nullify the threat there and then (we can agree political discourse would have got us absolutely nowhere). If we had done that, we might be looking back at that saga now with incredible shame in how the UK behaved, with the rest of the world hating us and thinking we're barbarians. But we didn't do that, and in hindsight, we would probably be thinking 'why the **** didn't that guy force the issue'.

Suppose my point is that Iraq does pose a threat to us - maybe not directly since they had no weapons. But should we wait another 10yrs until they do pose a direct threat before doing something (and by then it may be impossible - like north korea atm). I think political discourse would have failed as emphatically as us trying to talk to Hitler, or us talking to the chinese at the moment.

And what can we do with north korea that doesn't involve the military? They're buddies with china ... maybe the media has misreported the situation, but I can't see how politics can do anything.

I've just realised - its strange that politically we're only close with other countries of the same race as us. But aye, that isn't racist! You may ask wtf this comment has to do with anything - answer is nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
everything.
You really do have a god complex about yourself. How is your incredible bias against impoversihed people living through hardships really any different the to BNP's bias based on race. Other than one is RACISM and therefore the height of pure unadulterated evilness.

I would really put you into the same category as the BNP in terms of people who's opinions should be discounted almost instantaneously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H
Why would anyone want to assume that when said government pretty much admitted to having had no evidence whatsoever and pretty much made up the whole WOMD thing?
Because if it came down to releasing things the public shouldn't see, or saying you ****ed up, I would rather see the latter. But even if they did lie, I still think there were potentially (not necessarily, I'm kinda playing devil's advocate here) valid reasons for invading - you may not agree, the next person might agree. But I don't believe tony blair is an evil man.

Last edited by newt; 11 Jun 2009 at 15:00.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote