View Single Post
Unread 23 May 2009, 22:58   #137
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: xVx naps Ascendancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
From an ally point of view, we had sod all Asc incs early on, and were growing considerably faster than you were, mostly off your roids. The numbers weren't there to actually stop Asc's growth until xVx joined because not all the BGs were focusing on hitting you at the same time, not because any of us were actually failing at roiding you when we tried to.
That is a total irrelevance, you could get enormously fat and still not affect the outcome of the round so long as xVx were not involved; ending highest avarage would be an achievement, you still couldnt be number 1.
OFC we havnt taken roids off U; we aint even raided spoooon to my knowledge, I meant we were still landing attacks, which in fairness is more than we did when fighting omen because then we grounded fleets to fight.
EDIT: Have ppl forgotten we were also fighting ND&VGN constantly, they aint BGs, and also CT occasionally (arguably they only gal raided the occasional asc heavy gal) We also directed a resonable amount of fire ND's direction before xVx became involved, because they coped with it less well than evo or DLR.

Quote:
Your assumed superiority hasn't actually shone through this round, #1 spot or not, and we've got the breps to prove it. The whole round has been about numbers more than strategic ability. Where was your fabled defensive capability when we were landing on your core galaxies?
this has been a round where the defensive has been twice as hard as before, no one will dispute we screwed up on a large number of occasions. we ALWAYS had a lot of ****ups, just that last round if Ur lot crashed on us we profited and that profit then covered our mistakes in other areas

Quote:
I don't care who wins at this point; what really gets me is the fact that Ascendancy haven't even deserved the arrogant attitudes they've assumed this round. I've stayed fairly neutral to the debate until JBG got on his high horse about numbers and started spreading serious misinformation, but the idea that we've done nothing all round when it was the coordination of the BGs that allowed xVx a chance at #1 at all is actually ****ing insulting.
Asc does arrogant well, always has; everyone elses problem is that you take it seriously and let it get to you. In all fairness by all splitting into your small battlegroups in effect abdicating any desire for alliance ranking then expecting another to do that for you gives us a reason to be arrogant, you seemed to shy away from a challenge on a level playing field. If 3 victories doesnt give us a chance to have an opinion of ourselves what does?

Quote:
You're not as good as you reckon you are, you're not as good as you were last round,
We certainly agree with you there, we never intended to be as good this round... alot of the best are hardly playing, its an off round for us.

Quote:
I don't care if you want to NAP xVx and pick us off one by one; you can only do it because of your size and the fact that your members are largely babysat by a small group of extremely competent strategists. Personal responsibility doesn't mean actually thinking for yourself, does it? Because that doesn't lead to alliance wins. It means playing your planet as JBG tells you to, and when your best DCs took a backseat your defence crumbled.
That is total garbage; our defence has been far more competent than most other alliances ever muster, it has simply been different to what ppl have grown used too, ofc with the DCing for each one of us ourselves the quality of it depends on individual defences varies far more, but the quality of all DCs varies.

Quote:
Well done for playing the politics once again, but it's really not been your greatest moment. For the rest of us, however, this round has been pretty fun. 6 of the top 7 in terms of average size are BG block members. If we've not been taking your roids all round, where the hell did they come from?
The political turnabout is what the game is all about, this game is about politics man, there is nothing underhand in securing your position with it. PPL seem to think politicking is wrong, your crazy. Without politicking you could not create a block to start with, so dont complain when we politick to evade the block.
Actually most roids of most alliances come from the nubs at the bottom of the chain. You are only so fat because we have NOT raided competently for 5 nights ecause everyone holds fleets for def, all fleets have been hitting us not you, ofc ur fat and we aint. Thats how it works, it was also the point of the whole campaign surely. Yes Evo and DLR are full of very competant players, they have taken most of our retals that were not aimed at xVx and are still doing splendidly.

Quote:
STATUTORY DISCLAIMER: The preceding post is personal opinion and does not in any way reflect the opinions of policies of Saints, SPOOOOOON Inc. or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates.
How come you think that I or even JBG represent asc in our posts, every post is a personal opinion. Putting that there is almost tantamount to saying omg dont hit us because I argued! Its rediculious you might even consider it

PS whenever I said WE I really MEANT the ROYAL WE because IM THAT AWESOME not because I represent any sort of group or collective... THAT SAID: LOWER YOUR SHEILDS PREPARE TO BE ASSIMILATED.

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 23 May 2009 at 23:12.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote