View Single Post
Unread 23 May 2009, 22:03   #133
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of
Re: xVx naps Ascendancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
yes and we landed on you, asc was still gaining all be it slowly until xVx became involved, our precipitous plunge has been since xVx intervened, as Mz said, the straw that broke the Camel's back. But whatever you want to call it xVx DID make the difference, it would have remained a fairly even fight without them.
From an ally point of view, we had sod all Asc incs early on, and were growing considerably faster than you were, mostly off your roids. The numbers weren't there to actually stop Asc's growth until xVx joined because not all the BGs were focusing on hitting you at the same time, not because any of us were actually failing at roiding you when we tried to. Your assumed superiority hasn't actually shone through this round, #1 spot or not, and we've got the breps to prove it. The whole round has been about numbers more than strategic ability. Where was your fabled defensive capability when we were landing on your core galaxies?

I don't care who wins at this point; what really gets me is the fact that Ascendancy haven't even deserved the arrogant attitudes they've assumed this round. I've stayed fairly neutral to the debate until JBG got on his high horse about numbers and started spreading serious misinformation, but the idea that we've done nothing all round when it was the coordination of the BGs that allowed xVx a chance at #1 at all is actually ****ing insulting. You're not as good as you reckon you are, you're not as good as you were last round, and I don't care if you want to NAP xVx and pick us off one by one; you can only do it because of your size and the fact that your members are largely babysat by a small group of extremely competent strategists. Personal responsibility doesn't mean actually thinking for yourself, does it? Because that doesn't lead to alliance wins. It means playing your planet as JBG tells you to, and when your best DCs took a backseat your defence crumbled.

Well done for playing the politics once again, but it's really not been your greatest moment. For the rest of us, however, this round has been pretty fun. 6 of the top 7 in terms of average size are BG block members. If we've not been taking your roids all round, where the hell did they come from?

(And if anyone reminds me that mine keep coming from F-Crew, **** off, it's not my fault )

STATUTORY DISCLAIMER: The preceding post is personal opinion and does not in any way reflect the opinions of policies of Saints, SPOOOOOON Inc. or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates.