View Single Post
Unread 21 Feb 2015, 00:45   #614
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: R60 mid round turmoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
Forest, do you think the stats released after the ticker stops will support your maths, looking at each ally's incs? I know for one that i've steered tier 2 tags through rounds without naps or allies making sure they've had the least incs per member by far, so simplifying it by maths doen't tell the whole story either. Total incs does tell the story, exception might be rounds like the one where spore got gangbanged the last 14 days after securing one of the biggest leads for ages. R56 was it? And that wasn't even incs to stop spore from winning, that was a random unmotivated universe bored and more or less randomlaunching just for the hell of it. Total incs combined with total att and def fleets launched kinda does tell most of the story imo.
Well as we all know, whatever stats come out, can be 'manipulated' to suit whoever is discussing, so it is hard either way. It also doesnt show size. For instance (and this is NOT complaining/critisisim in any way), stats will prob show pen/bf have similar incs. I also think that pen have incs from mainly top 5 alliances (bf/ult/nd a lot + some randoms from ct), whilst bf mainly lower tiered alliances (due to being napped with most of top 5 all round). So in that respect, stats will look false.
My maths were a simplistic way to show how a couple of 'innocent naps' can completely skew a round and hand a win to someone else. I stand by my thoughts on that.

As for this round, I don't know what they will show. My thoughts are there will be a lot less launches this round.
For the top 5 I believe:

Ult - A lot less incs than they normally get and VERY high levels of ingal defence. Low attack launches.
BF - Less incs than average, high levels of ingal defence. Average attack launched.
P3n - High incs, average def in/out of gal, average attacks.
CT - High-ish incs. High def compared to usual for ct, but lower than ult/bf. High attacks.
ND - Highest incs, average def, high attacks.

I am sure others will see it differently though.

How do you see the top 5?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote