View Single Post
Unread 7 Jan 2007, 20:15   #20
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about
Re: VGA Planets - new game, looking for players

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Heh, indeed. You wouldn't think it but speed was just as important then as it is now for gaming. I had at the time a 2400bps modem and my mate had a slightly faster one. We were playing LORD and BBS Hack at the time and I recall one afternoon the both of us racing home to beat each other at logging on first to get the upper hand in the game and play the first turn. I actually beat him.. but the bastard got smart, he called my number to delay me from logging on and it bought him enough time to get in before me (by about 5 seconds I might add).
Did the phrase; "(parents) X was supposed to call today, have you been holding up the phoneline?" get familiar?

My humble peon was found beaten to death too many times an The Inn... Not sure if I ever finished the game. Was there a finish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
so rnd|one is the game like eve?
i know you gave a link, but i like the attention of a one on one conversation.
More like a board game played on PC similar to Master of Orion/Magic, Civilization, Stars! and Trade Wars 2000. There is an arsenal of settings, formulae, rules, strategies, tricks, outside factors and variables ( quick to learn, a lifetime to master ) that make for an interesting playground to battle for victory between 10 other human opponents.