Thread: Fixes
View Single Post
Unread 27 Feb 2018, 13:38   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
As long as most tags(If not all tags except KittenZ) prefer doing the core-route over ship/TT rushing it might point towards the ship rush/early attack route is too weak.
If you look at most guides from 5-10 years back, a lot of them are focused away from cores iirc?
Yes, the core-first route started being popular after it got a major buff, first in r40, and then again in r44. Before that, basically only scanners and idlers built them. People who already had inc scans who didn't need to spend time on HCT, in other words. Maybe XP whores too, in the few rounds that was viable? I don't think we should go back to the bad old days of literally everyone going FCs and HCT, but the current situation is not ideal either. As said, a small nerf seems reasonable to me. 10%? 20%? Something along those lines.

Quote:
Maybe splitting HCT up into smaller parts, ie each part 1200RP for 100 more mineable roids could be a good idea.
I have no real objection, but what are you trying to achieve with this change?

Quote:
To be able to "run away with the round" early on you need to have sufficient HCT to make constant attacking plausible. Often you have to idle your fleet simply because you are too far behind on HCT.
If you hit your HCT limit, you're punished for making a bad decision (ie, researching TT or Siege instead). It happens more often to planets with lots of roids, of course, because they run into those HCT limits more often, but that just means people who perform well need to plan better. Not only do I not have a problem with this, I think it's a great effect of the current HCT system, perhaps the great effect.

Quote:
Ive suggested earlier that the war bonus should be based on how much roid the tag got compared to the universe average.
If tag A got 2x the amount of roids of everyone else having the war bonus decaying could lead to an earlier stagnation.
I don't think this solves the problem we started with (the first 300 ticks of the round are boring), and has very negative other effects (gangbangs will become even more common because everyone just wants to war the tag with the most roids).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote