View Single Post
Unread 30 Sep 2008, 14:49   #7
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of
Re: Practical Ethical Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo View Post
I doubt 3 billion people would presently rather die in a nuclear fireball than continue their current existence.
That much is true.

Also North Korea would prefer not to go to war or create a nuclear cataclysm. Yet they are fierce developers of WMD and have a formidable army.

Why is that?
Because obviously poor people would use this a bargaining chip. Why do i have to work all day for a nickel if this other guy simply spends his days on a yacht with georgeous women?

Much like those situations proposed by daniel goleman in Social Intelligence, where two people were given 10 dolars. One had the power to split the money as he saw fit (like 4 dollars for you, 6 for me, or 1-9, etc) and the other had veto power. Any proposition that differed from 5/5 would be vetoed, even if the person with veto power would lose some money. He knew that the person encharged of dividing the money would lose even more.

Amirite?

you tried a little reduction at absurdun there, didnt you?