Thread: Cooking
View Single Post
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 16:41   #37
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
I tend to do more "adjustable" meals such as curries, special fried rice (I do this quite well if I say so myself), stirfry, omlettes etc. In other words standard student type fare.
That doesn't mean you're not a good cook though. There's a world of difference between what sounds good and what tastes good. In fact, in my experience there's next to no correlation between how good a cook somebody is, and how good a cook they sound like when talking about food.

I think most people who 'just make food' often end up being better at it than people doing meals with specific names. I mean, some people just *get* seasoning and what fits together. On the other hand people who follow big recipes and buy fancy ingredients often end up with merely edible food.