View Single Post
Unread 11 Jun 2008, 16:05   #42
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: No new alliances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah
i count 6, yay thats leaves 24for members.
You're assuming that the BCs will be able to BC 3-4 nights a week each plus time to organise retals/fleetcatches (and DC 6hrs/day each). You also assume the DCs will not overlap and will be able to do 6hrs/day each, every day.

Alternatively you have nights where attacks aren't prepared, or gaping holes in your defence times. Furthermore you need scanner coverage and a politics HC. Either you have 5 unbelievably active players to run the alliance, sacrificing their entire rl, or you compromise alliance quality, or you take a different approach (eg DLR went distwhore/XP whore).

At such low member limits, heirarchically-structured alliances begin to break down. A few will field full officer cadres and dominate the rankings, and we end up with a similar ranking structure to now. All you've succeeded in doing is kicking hundreds of players from their alliances.

EDIT: Actually, if I was an HC with 30 member limits, I'd have 2+ tags. I'd keep the main tag for my top players, have a scanning/support/covop tag and a recruitment tag or two. I'm not sure that's what we really want.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote