View Single Post
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 11:55   #41
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough
Re: tackling def whores

Getting a bit off subject arent we?

oh well, here goes my belated response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
yeah, especially when a third party pays for their account... Anyway I wouldn't mind if we had a universe of 5k planets, but with our current shrinking universe, each scanner, cov opper, def whore, is 1 less target for the people who want to play the game as it was intended "attack others to get roids".
It isnt 1 less target, def whores and scanners have to have asteroids just like the rest of us so that they can build those ships, or do those scans. Of course I am talking about the scanners out of any alliance tag, and the ones intag is a different point and those are the ones that, because the alliance pays for the scans, they can play relatively normally, I have seen quite a few scanners finish decently throughout the rounds. Thus, clearly implying that they are in fact attacking and defending.

As for cov op planets, they are a different story completely, though, because of the growing difficulty of successfully covert opping a planet to the ground, they are becoming a bit of a dying race.

One last point on this, def whores also generally specialize in just 1 ship type, last round I found several cathaar specializing in only Scorpions, or only Scarabs, and many of them had a decent amount of roids, their inability to stop my attacking fleets made them easy targets for my fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
Yes, the best part of a PA round is when you can't get all the scans you needand have to take risk, play mind games, be a bit more creative in your attacks... that part would last longer if there was no professional scanners.
If we reach the point where every player can get the scan he needs (through ally or #transcendancy) what is the point of having scans the way it is ?
To be honest, I havent had a round where I couldnt get the scans I needed since round 5, though at that point I really couldnt have cared less. The only exception being when, at the beginning of the round, no one can really see which ships a xandathrii opponent has.

...Im pretty sure I missed a point or two that I was intending to address, but I have just run out of steam and am very tired.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote