View Single Post
Unread 29 Jul 2010, 11:52   #12
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Re: Hi from a Jagex fansite

As for expectations, I'd say any kind of full-time staff assigned to development would go down very well indeed.

And just to set the record straight:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
Alex, the community are cynical because Jolt owned the game and gave it little support whilst making a profit (partially penalising the game due to the fact that they paid Spinner more than they made for a while).
That is not true. They made a profit every single round they ran, and always got the money in up-front as 99% of the payments happened as a round starts. My salary from Jolt was a joke, tbh, and I only survived on it because I had been forced to sell our home and live off what we had left from that. In essence, I took a 80% pay-cut when I agreed to stay on with Jolt (they refused to buy the game if I didn't, and this would mean the end to PA).
Knowing what I know now, I should rather have bankrupted the company and bought PA myself, as I would have been better off financially.

That said, what's done is done, and good luck onwards