View Single Post
Unread 27 Mar 2010, 19:55   #19
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: My thriumphs, my mistakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Again, how is it not the systems fault for making private galaxys the obvious and only choice if you want to play active? The community and playerbase will always go with what they think is the best tactic, introduction of private galaxys make going private the best choice.
This is exactly why the whole concept of public/privates will never work. One or the other will always (yes I know I just used an absolute) be better then the other, and the player base will react accordingly. It is impossible to perfectly balance it, the best compromise anyone has ever come up with is buddypacks with randoms, the system PA had been using for the last 20 rounds or so? So unless someone comes up with a truly brilliant idea of another way to do things I fully expect us to return to buddypack galaxies for next round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Private galaxys are extremly overpowered when compared to random galaxys, people dont want to spend a round in a galaxy with inactives if they can help it and so they will go private.
This is actually wrong, public galaxies are much more powerful then private galaxies, but ironically only when most of the active player base agrees with you and goes private.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote