View Single Post
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 14:00   #10
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold
Re: I'm thinking about joining the Communist Party

Forgive my naivness and overriding lack of knowledge before i start.

Personally, i admire the ideals of marxism / communism and think they have a lot to teach us. If nothing else, marxism's enduring use (imo) is to remind us of the scale of the differences between the rich and poor, and remind us of the inequality of the system as a whole. I do personally believe that capitalism is (perhaps) unsustainable and (definitely) self-combusting - you only have to walk down a street to see the differences between rich and poor.

Anyone who claims capitalism is a system of oppurtunity is wide of the mark and/or middle class. But for my two-cents, i'd have to say that communism/marxism is not a system of incentive. I appreciate your predominantly positive views of human nature dante/toccata but my experience of human life is that any a "desire for the common good" doesnt really exist.

Indeed, the saddest thing for me, is seeing all those who are crushed by the system, poor, struggling to get by - instead of a desire to see a fairer system, they desire to be at the other end of it.
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote