View Single Post
Unread 26 May 2010, 18:36   #50
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Favourite rounds!

Round 4: being in the Ministry galaxy while also being active on irc and meeting new people online. Basically it was a much larger community back then with a ****load of various meta-games in between. Also realized that the 'good' people of this game were just people too, albeit with a plan and sticking to it.

Round 7: being in an almost all-dutchy galaxy. RYB. Played with people who also became friends in real life. Had a blast and also managed to play a proper planet. Got Fred deleted. Played in RaH and was a 'big' player. Made me feel good at the time.

R30: Playing for the first time seriously in Ascendancy. Started in a BP that was forced to exile. Landed in reeseksero/wishmasters gal and wreaked havoc there. Thouroughly fun and helped during those 10 weeks in Ascendancy to make the team perform better. Or at least I tried. Had a terrific ammount of satisfaction to see Ascendancy win in the end, basically having slaughtered, demoralized or otherwise incapacitated any possible enemy in the universe.

Those were the rounds i really enjoyed. There are also 3 that I remember properly which is round 33, when I ended top 20 for the first time. Being in a Ministry galaxy again we basically were not the best Ascendancy galaxy, but just below that. Therefore we just weren't targetted. At all.
Round 34: Another Ministry galaxy. The universe was against Apprime and Ascendancy. We had so much incomings that round. Usually having only 100-120 fleets available for defence versus 200+ attacking ships. But somehow Ascendancy had value and we usually managed to fence those big 4-6 alliance team ups of our galaxy. I worked hard for Ascendancy too, but failed to do anything in the 'bigger' picture other then survive. Top 10 finish too with my planet. But that was not because I played so well, but because I did not lose roids due to my riskaverse dc'ing (an euphemism for defwhoring from hell).

Round36: Ministry priv gal. Donation. 6/8 planets top 20. All really idle. At some point this has shown that we 'understand' the game.