View Single Post
Unread 17 May 2010, 22:43   #212
Zotnam
Over the moon

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future
Re: Alliance player limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
I'll gladly admit that some alliances have done very well with far less HC's and officers. However, these are usually some of the most skilled alliances, Asc being a prime example. There's hardly any need for officers and JBG is capable of filling most HC functions to the extent that they are needed, and there's no lack of capable people to step up if he doesn't.
There's no lack of capable people in both asc and apprime I imagine, there is however a lack of people willing to step up. I had serious issues last round finding someone to share duties with me as JBG was half active, and we ended up with quite many nights without organised attacks. In the end BlueArmy stepped in for some nights, but mainly because he was bored and had the time, not because of "a burning desire to contribute"
I honestly don't see anyone in ascendancy starting up a new alliance if we went to 30 man tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
Perhaps the most common "superhero officer" is the Head DC, and there have been several insanely good people who have basically DC'd a whole alliance. Some names that come to mind are Carnis (FAnG), IRVINE(FAnG), BaDD(VtS), Heartless(FAnG?), safe(Dragons), Tuhoaja(Dragons), JBG(Asc).
Meh, I've played with 4 on that list and there's only one I've been impressed with. Granted, maybe it wasn't in their most active rounds, but I don't think they are unique in anything else than the ability to spend so much time dc'ing. It's not THAT hard, with enough training and the right ships being offered, DC'ing a whole alliance is doable for anyone with a minimum of braincells.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote