View Single Post
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 11:50   #44
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of
Re: Free Round vs Alliance Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
So imho we cant have any break longer than neccesary between these two rounds but we cant afford it to turn into your normal intense round either if we are to have a free round that gives new players a way in and doesnt cause major burn out in alliances so I feel we need another solution if the free round is to start sooner. What that solution is I dont know though
I dont know how the free round is planned exactly, but wouldnt a 10 day havoc appended at the regular round serve that purpose? Surely havoc is a time when there is hardly any organisation and everybody decides if or how they play mostly by themselves. Havoc would also be a time when the new people can use bigger fleets and have some success in attacks against organised people (who dont play havoc anymore or dont take it serious anymore). More resources given out during the havoc period and maybe some special event like "capture the holy roid" or something else.

And what would happen if after 5/6 weeks the round is declared beeing ended, the (ingame) alliances are disbanded, some resources are given to push the smaller planets a bit and maybe the universe shuffled to let the remaining 2 weeks run as a "dog eats dog" compo (ok by now this sounds like a havoc version . Also half hour ticks maybe.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote