View Single Post
Unread 6 Nov 2008, 20:20   #17
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A green blob for McCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
It's exactly that kind of populist bullshit that disgusts me. If you have an ideology, profile yourself based on that ideology. If people vote for you, that's good. If not, tough luck. More people would have faith in their government if it primarily consisted of people who actually believed in what they did, rather than people who would do anything in order to gain power.
Well that is the inherent problem of political parties. IF you have a party system, and that invariably means a two party system, then the parties must position themselves or simply not get elected.

IF one party does not and hence becomes unelectable then you have a one party state (which we have seen is not good - see South Africa).

There is no easy answer. There is not a country that I can think of which is actually ready to abandon a party system. Now I am not a negative person - perhaps one day... Perhaps that is the next step of our development towards perfect government.

But for now I'm afraid I must support Winnie's view that what we have is the best of a bad lot. Thomas Jefferson saw how party politics was wrong but even he acceded to it in the end.

The best comfort is that change is inevitable (provided civilisation remains stable)