View Single Post
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 19:36   #31
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Movie Review - Transformers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
When I go to see a movie like the Transformers I am NOT looking for Shakespearian prose. Nor am I looking for Oliver Stone like direction. I am looking for the transforming robots to be as cool and real looking as possible. In this respect I think Bay did an excellent job. I honestly could care less about the rest. Actions films are not supposed to the kind of works of art that stand the test of time like the movie Citizen Kane.
WRONG!

YOU'RE WRONG!

Congratulations you have just wandered into 'defending bad movies with nonsensical tags'* territory. It has become a staple of the modern cinematic age to defend bad movies with a throwaway comment like 'it's an action movie' or 'it's a chick flick'. the idea that it is impossible to make a good movie in one of these genres or that because theycan be easily stereotyped you can just shovel any old shit on to that silver screen and not complain is an appalling attitude.

When I go to watch a movie I expect it to be good. What I do not expect to see is bad acting of a bad script badly directed covered up with something shiny.

terminator 1+2 are an action movies and are great films at the same time.
terminator 3 is an action movie and is really bad at the same time.

to deride an entire of genre because you** like bad movies is frankly insulting.

*yes, it needs a better name, all suggestions will be welcomed
**the collective you, not you personally
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote