View Single Post
Unread 21 Nov 2006, 07:49   #68
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: Jesus rejected for Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Maybe I misread travler's post there... possible I did.

But did you just say that it's Yahwe's choice? Can you actually force someone to be aroused by a particular gender? I've heard of these little 'support groups' {read: camps} over here that can allegedly convert homosexuals to heterosexuals after a period of time... I can't help but wonder how exactly that works.

At any rate, travler, can you honestly come on here and immediately change your sexual orientation so that you are attracted to other males? Can you change yourself so that the thought of male anatomy turns you on?

You seem to be implying that homosexuality is similar to a lightswitch, where it's a personal thing that can be switched on and off at will, which is something undoubtedly half of the gay community would be laughing at you for even trying to attempt to flog that point off. Apart from perhaps sheer coercion such as those camps mentioned earlier, how exactly does one 'change' their orientation?

And... off topic of this, one final little question. I'm fairly content with my life right now. There is nothing missing for me in terms of a career, athletic ability, social ability, and all round general things that I enjoy doing. Admittedly, I have no relationship right now, but that's not something which is causing me any distress. My peace of mind is sound, and I am more or less a stable individual. I do not need god in order to accomplish this, nor have I ever.

It seems to me that those that need god in their lives in order to feel secure, satisfied, and otherwise happy with themselves are completely weak-minded individuals and are not able to rely on their own human self to get them through life. Is this type of people the ones that should be leading others like 'lost sheep'?
Your reading a possible implied message rather than the actual words. Lets review:
1. Yahwe has stated that he is gay therefore he would not normally engage in intercourse with a woman resulting in pregnancy.
2. Yahwe has stated a desire to be a father.
3. I stated that Yahwe could choose to be a father.

So we have 3 basic points.

If Yahwe choose to be a father he has several ways to achieve this.
1. Yahwe has intercourse with a female(s) until one concieves and gets pregnant. The easiest option in terms of financial and may be easiest to achieve provided that Yahwe's desire to be a father outweighs his normal homosexual tendancies. Highly unlikely but its the cheap way out.
2. Yahwe adopts a child. Expensive and time consuming. May be difficult to achieve as a homosexual even in a relationship as some aspects of society still do not give equal treatment to alternative lifestyles.
3. Yahwe pays for a woman to be artificially inseminated with his genetic contribution. The woman can be lesbian or straight depending on the agreement. I have heard of lesbian woman and gay men cooperating in this manner to have both parties aquire children. The lesbian couple gets a child from the gay partners and the gay partners get a child from the lesbian couple. 2 Children 4 adults 2 families and then maybe they all remain friends.

Point being that Yahwe can choose a path that suits him to achieve his desires but the simplest path is the one made for him. He only has to overcome himself for the cheap option. The other options are still available but his desire to achieve these must be greater as they require more work.

I saw a funny movie about one of these turn the gays and lesbians straight camps and the movie ended with everyone just lying about to their parents about who they really were. You cannot force someone to change. Change comes from within. You might get a reaction but it has to be up to the person to desire to change.

I cannot change Yahwe. I don't want to change Yahwe. In truth from what I have read I'm not so sure he would make a good parent. Kids need strict boundaries and absolutes to learn what is right and what is wrong. He might teach his children a world of grey where stealing is ok if you don't get caught but helping others is not always right or something.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote