View Single Post
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 07:09   #62
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Jesus rejected for Christmas

Maybe I misread travler's post there... possible I did.

But did you just say that it's Yahwe's choice? Can you actually force someone to be aroused by a particular gender? I've heard of these little 'support groups' {read: camps} over here that can allegedly convert homosexuals to heterosexuals after a period of time... I can't help but wonder how exactly that works.

At any rate, travler, can you honestly come on here and immediately change your sexual orientation so that you are attracted to other males? Can you change yourself so that the thought of male anatomy turns you on?

You seem to be implying that homosexuality is similar to a lightswitch, where it's a personal thing that can be switched on and off at will, which is something undoubtedly half of the gay community would be laughing at you for even trying to attempt to flog that point off. Apart from perhaps sheer coercion such as those camps mentioned earlier, how exactly does one 'change' their orientation?

And... off topic of this, one final little question. I'm fairly content with my life right now. There is nothing missing for me in terms of a career, athletic ability, social ability, and all round general things that I enjoy doing. Admittedly, I have no relationship right now, but that's not something which is causing me any distress. My peace of mind is sound, and I am more or less a stable individual. I do not need god in order to accomplish this, nor have I ever.

It seems to me that those that need god in their lives in order to feel secure, satisfied, and otherwise happy with themselves are completely weak-minded individuals and are not able to rely on their own human self to get them through life. Is this type of people the ones that should be leading others like 'lost sheep'?
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote