View Single Post
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 05:02   #21
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Survivor of GD : In what way has being here affected you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Mage
Although reading this site has affected me a lot in large general ways, like Deffeh I've become a lot more interested in politics and social issues, I'd say the biggest impact it's had on my life was from a small thread Nodrog made nearly three years ago. This thread to be precise. Nodrog has always been one of my favourite posters in the years I've spent here, predominantly lurking of course, and on the basis of his praise for that film I diligently tracked it down to see why he rated it so highly.

Suffice to say I was blown away, three years and many hundreds of movies later All About Lilly Chou-Chou is still my favourite ever film, one of the few that I watch whenever I'm sick or feeling down. If you've ever seen it you'll know the movie relies heavily on music, in particular some of Debussy's piano pieces and this led to me starting piano lessons and I'm now fairly decent and it's a pretty big part of my life, I took my grade six last month and I should get the results back any day. There's no way I would be doing that if I hadn't read that one thread.
Hey, this is awesome I'm glad you liked it It's still my favourite film ever too, by some distance.

Also it wouldnt be much of an exaggeration to say that almost everything that I'm interested in just now is either a direct or indirect result of the internet. It was conversations in #tpe which resulted in my dropping out of my first degree and doing cino sci, it was someone from the internet who got me into proper clubbing, jenny had a large general impact on my life at the time, _W_ was the person who got me into philosophy and generally made me start thinking about stuff, several posters on the somethingawful debate forum got me interested in politics and played a large part in shaping my views, conversations on the SA forums were a significant factor in me deciding to drop out of my comp sci degree, _W_ got me into playing Go which is awesome and has also affected my general thought processes becuase i use it as a metaphor for a lot of things, I doubt I'd be listening to any of the music I currently like if it wasnt for the internet, and the 3 people who I'd say have most shaped my general worldview and genearl mental framework (Robert Anton Wilson/Ayn Rand/Wittgenstein) are all authors who I was introduced to via the internet.

edit: I just noticed you said 'GD' rather than the internet in general so you can remove the somethingawful parts from that, but the rest is largely either GD or planetarion related! Theres also smaller things that are harder to define such as the huge impact that IRC has had on my sense of humour and so on.

Last edited by Nodrog; 22 Dec 2006 at 05:25.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote