View Single Post
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 23:23   #27
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Would be being born blind and deaf be that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Well people often seem pretty unhappy even if they have all their senses, so I'm going to assume it's highly possible that people without them can be unhappy too.
A lot of people are unhappy because of the fact they're not 'succeeding' in life or their dad shouted at them when they were 7 giving them some kind of complex. But as he can't hear his dad shouting at him, or hear how he should be doing X, Y & Z in life, I reckon he'd be quite happy all and all. Unless his dad repeatedly beat him around the head that is.

Quote:
Anyway, your point is flawed. I sometimes get annoyed that I feel pain, or that I lack telepathic/telekinetic abilities, or that I get older. The fact I've never experienced a state where that wasn't the case doesn't change anything.
You heard about the possibility of telekinesis, you haven't got it, you're pissed off. If you'd never heard about telekinesis I doubt your brain'd be saying:"Dante you ****, you haven't got telekinetic abilities - L O S E R."

Quote:
Also, presumably the human brain is evolved for an "average" amount of stimuli. Lacking senses to supply this stimuli probably leads to a certain feeling of....emptiness or something.
Possibly I suppose. Suppose there are untapped abilities the brain has now, but we're just not using them. I'm not sitting at home beating myself up about it. I think it'd be quite cool to have special powers or something, seeing in this boy's case, but I don't cry myself to sleep about it.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote