View Single Post
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 22:45   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Would be being born blind and deaf be that bad?

Well people often seem pretty unhappy even if they have all their senses, so I'm going to assume it's highly possible that people without them can be unhappy too.

Anyway, your point is flawed. I sometimes get annoyed that I feel pain, or that I lack telepathic/telekinetic abilities, or that I get older. The fact I've never experienced a state where that wasn't the case doesn't change anything.

Also, presumably the human brain is evolved for an "average" amount of stimuli. Lacking senses to supply this stimuli probably leads to a certain feeling of....emptiness or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigrid
Last week there was some fundraising in my village to send handicapped ppl on a holiday to spain or so. I mean, wtf, i dont get my holidays payed by charity do I?
So if you don't get something you begrudge others that do?

Quote:
For instance, dont you think vaccinating kids around the world so they wont die ofstupid diseases like the measles is a bit more important then handicapped ppl in the western world?
The fact there are disabled people in the Western World is not the reason that some people in the third world are not receiving a full vaccination program. Taking everything down a "Well this money could be spent on kids in Africa!" level makes everything seem frivilous. Sure, we should be trying to do more to help people in all countries. But that doesn't actually mean we have to treat anyone else worse.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote