View Single Post
Unread 17 Dec 2009, 05:30   #48
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Re: To continue JBG's request...

I dont think its PA that has created politics, its the instant communication that IRC.

AE doesnt seem to use IRC in the same way PA does. IRC is a must to work in any alliance.

One other game has captured the meta game and thats eve-online, however we cant compare PA the EVE other than the fact its an MMO.

EVE has over 40,000 players on at anyone time and over 300k subscribers. All paying customers.

I will never understand the decision to allow full access to the game, without any kind of payment. The incentives to actually buy an upgrade are not worth it.

I've played free for all but 1 round (and that was between r6-r9 sometime), I dont feel the need to upgrade as i never will reach the top 100, and as such all i need to do to combat the shortcomings of the "bonus" is to get more roids or xp.

However I have moved far off the main topic of this thread.

I have suggested the idea of outer solar systems being captured and an inner system which in uncapturable.

However a few people always point out that it doesnt feel right. So perhaps the option is to allow a player to occupy the planet (and take a percentage of the profits 40% perhaps) but the original owner still keeps it. Yes I know AE does this, but i like the concept.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote