View Single Post
Unread 14 Dec 2009, 16:17   #36
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Re: To continue JBG's request...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
PA has more than it's fair share of "needlessly geeky" features, and one could start at the graphics and interface...
It hits you right as you sign up tbh, that does not look good.
Then it slams you in the face again, as you get your email containing the password...In plain-text black and white...
I get spam that looks more interesting than that.

Then you get into the game, and end up at the overview screen, which is red and blue, with white text..And a header containing nothing useful, just the logo and the name of the game. Apart from the tiny bit at the bottom, thats it when it comes to graphics here. Tables, border and plain text. Now, you can spend thousands on advertising for PA, but the GUI and design alone are quite big turnoff-points when you compare it to other titles. And this is where any new game can pick up a lot of points in competition with PA.
Now, I won't go into the "information" in the game, but the mile-long overview I got now as a new user, with various points to distribute for resources, research and constructions, with no clue or tooltips explaining what any of that actually means, the user-friendliness is plummeting towards zero quicker than you can spell the letter P...
http://classicplanetarion.blogspot.com/ *Cough* Been showing these off for years and hardly been chased up for them and these are things I cook up over weekends (havent really been polished though).

I've been playing Astroempires (AE) for the last 2 weeks and had more fun than the last 15 rounds of PA.

PA does not have the Private Manpower to promote and improve the game, unless an idea can take less than a day to code, you will more than likely not see new features.

I'm surprised that PA has survived this long in its current form, its due a huge update in both gameplay and Graphics.

I've played from R2 and was every so exicited about the new rounds and even about the new GUI and features for the skins. I think most people remember the skins from R3 and R5 (my own personal favourite). Even the R6-R9 skins were classics (the individual race skins).

The community is what made this game last so long, and I really wish that PA would close its doors and release the source code to them, so at least we can attempt to improve upon the game.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote