Thread: A Plane Problem
View Single Post
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 16:42   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A Plane Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
The entire theory is completely hypothetical and wouldn't ever work in reality. The treadmill would need to be able to attain an infinite speed, as would the engines. We'd be more likely to see the wheels on the plane pop before anything.

But in answer to the question "would it take off" (ignoring friction issues and speed issues), the answer is simply "no", because there is no air flow over the wings.

PS I deleted that post you quoted because it kind of ruins the thread
For starters, it's not a theory. If I would call it anything, I'd call it a thought experiment. Secondly, I don't like being told how modelling in physics works by someone who hasn't studied either the philosophy of physics or physics itself. Thirdly, you will notice that I commented upon more than the frictionless case. Fourthly, you haven't explained why it wouldn't have moving air beyond simply stating it over and over again.

I don't think you've understood the problem
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote