View Single Post
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 17:34   #20
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So, erm , Fable : The Lost Chapters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Paladins generate 1/3 of the aggro of any other healing class with their heals. Paladins have the highest health/mana heals of any healing class.

They are excellent healers.
I could see your point, BUT they are slow.. slow, slow, slow .. when it comes to casting heals vs that of a priest or druid. Not only that the health they regen is negligable and wont hold out over a long battle (excluding lay of hands which has a long cooldown). Although I admit to not looking into the changes with 1.9 so healing may have been improved.

Quote:
The change in class summary reflects a change in roll that the mage has been given. Mages now summon 10 water instead of 4, and it's an excellent improvement - it's just the only ones the mages have.
Just because they improved a particular area doesn't indicate that area is the focus for the class. All they did was make rank 7 water (crystal water) summon more than just a few bottles at a time, because when you have to cast 10 times to get a stack and it burns your mana it really slows things down when trying to raid. Sure it's a benifit to everybody, but it doesn't define our role as dispensing bot. They haven't changed anything else because our class is already reasonably well balanced, unless something changes that effects our ability to fight in any given situation dramatically I don't think they will change much of our talent tree.

Quote:
That just isn't true. Mage dps is increasing, mainly because things in BWL and AQ don't tend to be fire immune so frost spec isn't required, but that has the side effect of making the Arcanist Regalia even more useless than it is already.
How is it increasing? It was never low lol. Also I think basing any judgement on a single raid dungeon (hello MC) as to what the end-game role of a class should be is stupid. Anyway, who cares about Arcanist Regalia, Netherwind Regalia for the win. For the record btw I'm almost entirely fire spec and get along just fine, I refuse to be shoe-horned into a single cookie-cutter spec, how boring.

Quote:
DPS doesn't matter that much for tanking :eng101, and that sounds more like a bad tank than a high damage mage.
Not when your castes go CRIT, CRIT, CRIT, CRIT.. etc .. and I don't even have any +crit gear.