View Single Post
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 12:14   #17
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So, erm , Fable : The Lost Chapters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
They're a healbot. There's no point in taking a class to a raid which is worse at its task than another class. You don't take feral druids over rogues, and many guilds don't take rogues over warriors.
I meant they are capable as off-tanks, they don't really have the staying power of a warrior. Paladins really are terrible healers though I can't imagine why you'd put them in the role of heal-bot.

Quote:
Check your manual. It says "the mage is the master of ranged dps. Only the rogue can put out more damage, and they have to be in melee range". It used to say that in the class summary on the wow official site.

Now it says "The Mage is a very important and helpful party member. One of the Mage's most powerful abilities is Polymorph, which allows it to control the number of monsters currently attacking the party. The mage is also able to use a teleportation spell, allowing it to travel through the land more quickly. Mages can even summon in food and drink to help everyone recover faster from battle."
I'm aware of the changes in the manual about the role of a mage, but one can't take any of the class summaries too seriesly as talent trees & items are constantly being tweaked and balanced out. My point was, mages have not changed from a role of ranged dps, we can out dps any class with ease if you know how to play properly. I have difficulty avoiding stealing agro from other classes cause even my lowest damage spells sometimes out dps the tank.