View Single Post
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 00:10   #5
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Computer Network Question

Quote:
1. This odd thing that plugs into a wall (with a cat5 cable to the router) and then somehow transmits the internet signal around all your plug sockets in the house. Remarkable - is this really what it seems?
Yes, it is. I happen to have a router that transmits it's signal through the power sockets of the house. I was also very skeptic about it, but it seems to work, somehow. I didn't want to get a wireless router because I didn't like the idea of sending radiation throughout the house all day and all night. They already warn about cellphones causing cancer, dna-deficits and impotence, so I figured other devices that microwave your house couldn't be that healthy either. It's a good alternative (to ballcancer). As far as I know it's no different from using cables, though I connected it a long time ago and I've always just kept it plugged in, so i'm not entirely sure.

Last edited by Alessio; 7 Jan 2008 at 00:45.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote