View Single Post
Unread 30 Mar 2008, 00:27   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Change to Protection Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
I am against it. Activity should be rewarded imo.
You're right. In a multi-player game such as Planetarion, high activity should yield better results than low activity (generally speaking). Where the ceiling for this reward for activity should be put is a matter that can be debated endlessly, but in principle I find myself in agreement with you.

However, protection is not a multi-player stage of the game. All actions performed during protection are performed on one's own planet, without possibility of interference from and with other planets (indeed, this is the entire point behind protection). So if we're not talking about a multi-player aspect of the game, why should we reward activity?

Do you really enjoy the mindnumbing boredom of protection so much? Do you see any reason why people should wake up at night to perform actions which are essentially single player based? Would you set an alarm at night to play a game of Starcraft against a computer opponent? Of course you wouldn't, and neither should people playing Planetarion during protection.

P.S. Alucard, paragraphs man, paragraphs. Your post is unreadable. As for the contents, from the bits I did read it appears to be unrelated to (and worse, incompatible with) this suggestion.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 30 Mar 2008 at 01:16.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote