View Single Post
Unread 29 Mar 2008, 23:54   #5
Alucard
I’m The Thing You Fear!

Alucard is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Change to Protection Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I love the idea; it makes PA more dynamic & is more likely to grab new players' attention. It also means you can get 2 more days of war & politics in a 7 week round.
Ok, I agree potentially there could be more game time, but look at it this way if this were to be implemented. I would ask that it be based on the players control, I.e. the game would be as normal, however the player could choose weather or not to implement protection ticks, this would allow for people to start earlier allowing warfare covert ops and so forth.

Earlier, I say this because it would allow some players to function with out protection thus allowing more time for game play(This might only be done by some of us continuously returning members), however it would allow a person to do or implement protection ticks if he is only going to be away for [X] hours without waiting for 3 days for vacation mode to over.

Now by no means am i saying that there wont need to be some restrictions applied here but, me myself, i see no point in have in protection for the first 48 hours or so because the limited number of people who can effectively get a fleet together enough to roid someone, However i have always enjoyed that ability to be untuchable for 72 ticks.

But at the same time say like me if at tick 82 i need to be away from the comp for a birthday in (Insert name here) **** which i have to drive to and i don't need to worry about my planet i spend [X] protection ticks which i will assume will mean i cant have any incoming my fleets home extra, however i still would receive resources and Research, construction would continue, since it would anyway, the down side to this is yes i believe if u thought about it somebody would abuse it or maybe turn it into a tactical advantage of some kind,

the point to reiterate is this is great idea just needs fine tuning before we present the idea to the larger community, other examples that need the same Care in thought are pds ect. but all in all i like this idea and will hope i will see it in rounds to come

Last edited by Alucard; 30 Mar 2008 at 00:40.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote