View Single Post
Unread 23 May 2009, 01:20   #18
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all
Re: Ascendancy Recruitment Policy (ARP!)

A tag is just a tag, an alliance is all those people working together and playing together. Alliance limit is 90, which is obviously intended to keep alliances around the same size, give smaller alliances a chance too and stuff like that.

I think the rules and the intent of the rules are quite clear, the only problem is that they're very difficult to enforce, which makes it easy for you guys ( and I'm sure a ton of others before you this isnt really about asc) to get away with it. So you basically have the choice to break the rules with a very low chance of getting caught, but getting an unfair advantage because of breaking the rules, or not breaking the rules.
I know theres a ton of grey area's and you could just as easily call a few bg's who work together 1 big alliance who's breaking the ally limit.
But even then, this whole thing would work best if all alliances at least try to follow the limit. Now if you have 90 members and some guy has a friend somewhere who can send def to one of your members one time, nobody is gonna make a big deal out of it, but the way Asc is doing it now, with simply not caring at all about the ally limit and just recruiting onwards seems a bit over the top.

If alliance HC would stick to the 90 ally limit (it really does say ally limit and not tag limit) you would still have cooperation, you would still see people working together and sides would ofcourse still be over 90 members, but the difference is that these kinda sides are fluid, as we see this round people switch sides and it keeps the game from being boring really quickly. There's politics and diplomacy between the various alliances. Which determines who has a numerical advantage over who at different points in the game, but if 1 ally broke the ally limit, they'll always have the extra advantage.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote