View Single Post
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 23:30   #15
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: What is a Liberal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
You seem to be labouring under the belief that there are only three types of people (liberals, conservatives and centrists) and that they all believe the same things.
Well, no. I know that people dont always fit into these stereotypes, and that stereotypes fit some people better than others. However, i figured that at least for the purposes of this discussion, there was the assumption/presumption that at there were at least three broad definitions of people given a set of beliefs, and that most within that group would hold to be that group's main tenants to be true, else they wouldnt be part of that group. Of course they'll be outliers, of course there will be dissent. I was being more general in my descriptions. I was alluding to this with my first "*" comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Also, PARAGRAPHS. Personally I hate seeing more than 200 words in a single block of text
What is this?!?! has GD suddenly become Grammatical Discussions?!

Quote:
Oh no. Both countries have plenty of people who believe wholeheartedly in the principle that "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear". Of course, this is total bullshit.
Bullshit why? Also, given the framework that i believed governments should have as their foundation (primarily economic, tempered with common sense), they essentially shouldnt care what's going on. Even if they did, why is it "total bullshit"? I can make guesses, but why not elaborate to move this discussion on?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote