View Single Post
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 18:51   #49
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of
Re: Relaying Alliance Channels - is it ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Every one has a life, why do you say they need to get a real life? They have to get a life like you say they must have? Everyone has a other definition of life and so do you. If people want to sit 24/7 behind there computer who are you to tell them not to do that, its there life isnt it?
Sitting in front of a computer 24/7 may be a life choice, but how does it benefit society to have a bunch of people who's only contribution is that their good at online games.
Quote:
I play alot of game, should i get a real life to then? I have a life, go to college have friends, family but there is no one on the internet that could check if what i say is true. I love playing games, and im not the only one i am sure.
If this is true about college and friends, then you have a real life, so what do you care?
Quote:
For example 6 million people play WoW im sure 100.000 people play more then 100-150 hours a week, should they all get a real life? They have a life else they would be dead dont you think.
Absolutely, they need to get a real life if they spend 100 hours on WoW in a week. I'm addicted to that game, but I limit myself to about 2-3 hours a day, and not even every day. I doubt many pull off 150 given that there's only 168 hours in a week leaving them with 18 for sleeping (that's a little over 2 hours a night).
Quote:
Its in our nature to be stronger then someone else, in some cases this means doing stuff you guys are talking about. In WW2 do you think they didnt do stuff like that? Spying, militia, every change of information can win a battle so why not use it in this game when information is on IRC to grasp.
What does spying during WW2 have to do with Planetarion tactics? Spying in an actual real life war is much more serious and deadly than spying on an internet game who half the people do it just for fun.
Quote:
Always the same every where, people like to be fair and unfair. At work people suck up to the boss to get better jobs, at school people cheat to pass the test.
So are you saying that it's fair to cheat on a test to pass it? I've always considered that immoral and the people who feel the need to cheat to pass a test seriously need to get a swift kick in the ass.
Quote:
My point is, life is fair and unfair. What you think of life is something else someone else thinks about life. People died to get even the smallest information, information in a strategie game makes that one little advantedge of winning a battle.
As far as I know, not one person has died trying to get information or spying during Planetarion. Comparing people who've died in real battles to people spying on an internet game in my opinion is insulting to those who did actually die in real life.