View Single Post
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 14:22   #33
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Round XV Galaxy System

I would still keep the buddy pack at 3 and remove a buddy packs option to exile. This way the buddy pack almost becomes responsible for maintaining galactic stability in poorly run gals and yet cannot be overwhelmingly controlling towards other players, after all, the buddy pack needs you.

This way players have a choice.

1) Gamble: Random start etc as per normal with ability to exile if required (ie you dont get on with the buddy pack you landed with).

2) Buddy pack: You and 2 others form the basis of a galaxy, it is up to you to help promote galactic union (and therefore save your own arse). As the buddy pack you will most likely be in the minister position etc as you got 3 votes to organise, in addition you will be most likely friends and able to contact eachother easily. The drawback of course is that you will not be allowed to self exile and abandon your 'buddies' and/or galaxy. Its a risk but well worth it considering the good that can come of it.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote