Thread: Has to be said
View Single Post
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 09:36   #38
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future
Re: Has to be said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
I think massive is a bit of an over statement, but I am more then willing to conceed that 50 may be too low, but what about 60? A lot of the top allies stayed under the 80 cap last round anyway, most in the mid to low 70s, lch was even below that for a while and they did just fine. One potentially interesting consequence of a smaller ally cap is it may lead to some new alliances coming to promidence and the best player base will have to be spread out a little.

P.S. your math is a little funny, they are only talking about a 50% reduction at the most, not 100%
With alliances of 80 players those out of the top 5 can increase their size to 100, this is a 25% increase, with 50 players they can potentially double their alliance size to 100, this is a 100% increase.

Just one way I have thought about getting around this limit is to form a tag of say 20 players, keep them in the ranks 10-15 maybe or even lower and the rest of your alliance out of tag. With some clever DCing making use of buddy packs and even clusters you can still provide some defence, and it wouldn't break the OOGOOA rule as the players defending or being defended wouldn't be in an alliance. Wait until you can recruit ~80 members then add them too the tag, huge score boost etc and bam, top5 with more members than the rest.
I have seen other people state that you could create 2 alliances, one with 50 members, the other with 20, then part way through the round, everyone leaves the first tag and joins the second. This seems to me to be an easily abusable rule, sure the alliance that uses any tactics like these would be hugely unpopular and probably bashed fairly quickly, but it could happen.

My main problem with this new alliance situation is mainly the gap between the top 5 and the rest of the universe, 50-100 is too large a ratio. 50-80 might be workable, or even 60-90 but to allow a potential 100% mark up between those in the top 5 and those from rank 6 down is, well, crazy in my eyes.

[/my2penceworth]